Oh do fuck off, you anti-choice douchewranglers
. And you, the journalist - have the decency to call lies out as such, instead of using "claim" for both hateful fictions and actual fact.
The claims being made by Abort 67 are not merely things that "BPAS claim are misleading information", they are outright lies. BPAS is disputing A67's claims, because those claims are lies. There is a big fat difference between a claim and a statement of fact. I can claim that the sky is filled with pink unicorns, but it is a fact that the sky is not filled with those things.
So, Abort 67, here are reasons why you are telling lies to vulnerable women -
- There is no link between abortion and breast cancer. The initial claims actually relate to the fact that a pregnancy carried all the way through appears to lower the chance of breast cancer - aborting it does not raise the risk any more than being abstinent or using contraception.
- There is greater danger to the mother with birth than with abortion, not the other way round as Abort 67 claim. Birth is far more dangerous to any woman than abortion ever will be, with a much greater range of potentially lethal medical mishaps and life-threatening conditions attached to it.
- There is no mental health link. No suicidal tendencies linked to abortion. The "study" that made this claim used total lifetime incidences of mental health problems, including those that existed prior to the pregnancy and those with no link to the abortion, and this "study" has been pretty thoroughly debunked by anyone who's actually read it. In contrast, it *has* been shown that women who are already suffering some mental health issues who give birth and then give the baby away have greater issues directly stemming from the pregnancy than those who have abortions. If you don't want the baby, being forced to carry it and then hand it over to a stranger will make your problems worse, not better.
- The pictures on the signs used by the aforementioned cretinous slime-spewers are almost exclusively of late-term (after 24 weeks) abortions, which are very uncommon and only allowed for serious medical reasons such as the fetus not being able to survive outside the womb anyway, or fetus killing the mother. Those pictures are not pictures of early and mid-term abortions, which look like a bad period at best. The women who are going in without a really quite obvious third trimester pregnancy are not going to have the Bits Of Baby special, they are going to have a very heavy period with possible chunks.
- And no, an early-term abortion is not killing a human. It is killing cells which contain human DNA and which will eventually develop into more complex human tissue if nothing goes wrong at any point, but which at that early stage is about as human as a cancerous tumor. Sure, it contains your DNA and is being made and fed by your body and even starting to develop bone mass and blood vessels - well, so's the fetus.
Now stop making shit up, you gibbering shitwaffles.
(more creative swearing than usual per people trying to take away my actual sodding right to my personal bloody autonomy and medical cocking safety)